29 June 2013

Testing my tools

Where to start?
I am one of the lucky ones to have registered at the 4th International Urban Sketching Symposium before it sold out after only two hours. It will all happen in Barcelona in the middle of July.
Not only will I hopefully meet a lot of the artists whose blogs I have been following for months and years, I will also learn a lot and draw even more.

I did not have all of the art supplies for some of the workshops, so I ordered some of what I was still missing:



Mijello : Folding Plastic Palette 18 BLUE
Daniel Smith Watercolour 15ml : Aureolin (Cobalt Yellow) S3
Daniel Smith Watercolour 15ml : Ultramarine Blue S1

When I updated my watercolor pan palette last year, I spent enough money for the shop assistant to entrust me with the last tube paints of what she said to be a discontinued line of Lukas paints.



So, I decided to try out the new palette and those older paints, just because they were not going to get any fresher anymore.
The permanent green paint was still creamy, the others were already quite sticky.



I really could get used to tube colors ☺.

Still need loooots of practise though.



2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm from Fribourg (originally from the US) and heading to Barcelona, too. I'm so happy someone else from Switzerland is going. I'm new to the urban sketching thing and a little nervous, but mostly just excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miz K! Oh that is so nice, another Swiss resident is joining the madness! That makes three of us, the third is Andre Sandmann. I am also nervous - spending so much time learning from and drawing with architects, graphic designers, freelance illustrators, art instructors, art professors... and then there's me, with a day time job in accounting! But I know, I won't feel out of place once I am there. When are you flying in to BCN? You probably fly out from Geneva, right? Andre and I happen to have the same flight from Zurich on Wednesday morning. See you at registration the latest!

      Delete